Phone: 868-6921 Ext. 2727
Degrees and Certifications:
Christopher Newport University - NK-12 Physical Education, Health, and Drivers Education
Mrs. Darcey Chiappazzi
Hello -- Hope you are all healthy and safe! I miss seeing each of you daily. Below are some P.E. activities that you can do inside or outside.
Please see your classroom teachers website for more information.
(If you use twitter, post a picture of you doing an activity @poquosonES - I would love to see you!!)
Activities that you may do on your own at home:
March 18: Warm up exersices that we do each P.E. class
March 19: Go for a 30 minute walk
March 20: Warm up exersices that we do each P.E. class
March 23: 30 minutes of chores around the house
March 24: Practice pacer - run from 1 side of yur yard to the other and then back (3rd gd do 15 laps, 4th gd do 20 laps, and 5th gd do 25 laps)
March 24: Practice curl ups - (3rd gd do 20, 4th gd do 25, 5th gd do 30)
March 25: Practice push ups - (3rd gd do 10, 4th gd do 12, 5th gd do 15)
March 27: Activity of your choice
April 4- April 12 Enjoy your Spring Break! Be safe!
Are you ready for 4th quarter!!
Shape America: April Mind and Body Calender
Variety of inside activities:
Variety of outside activities:
Go for a 30 minute bike ride
Walk a trail in Poquoson
Do a family relay - use a variety of locomotor skills
- crab walk
- power walk
- jog backwards (back peddle)
- bear crawl
- side step
Clean your room and bathroom
Do 30 minutes of yard work with your parents
Wash your parents car (and vacume) lol!
Practice fitness test:
pacer 20 meter run
- in your yard (run from one side to the otherand back - that is 1 lap)
- girls 9-11 years old 7-15 laps
- boys 9-11 years old 23 laps
back saver (this is good to do on the bottom of a step - put bottom of foot on the base of step, stretch over the foot and first step)
- left leg straight first and right leg is bent with your foot near your knee on your straight leg
- sit up nice and straight and tall, hands locked together by your thumbs
- stretch forward and hold for 3-5 seconds, repeat 2 more times (measure ith a ruler
- switch legs and repeat all steps, do 3 times on right leg
- girls 9-11 years old - need to stretch 9-10 inches forward
- boys 9-11 years old - need to stretch 8 inches forward
push ups (elbows bend 90 degrees)
- get in the ready position (hands about should width apart on floor, one leg straight and 1 leg bent)
- fingers pointing forward - wrist, elbow, and shoulder all in aligenment
- start in the up position and have someone do the down up cadence (hold the down position for about 3 seconds)
- girls and boys 9 years old - need to complete 6 90 degree bent arm push ups
- girls and boys 10 &11 years old - need to comlete 7-8 90 degree bent arm push ups
- lay on your stomach with hands under your thighs, legs and feet together, and toes on the floor
- on the up signal raise upper body off the floor keeping chin in towards chest and eyes on the floor (measure with a ruler)
- hold for 3 seconds and then go down
- repeat 3 times
- girls and boys 9 years old - need to score 6 inches
- girls and boys 10 &11 years old - need to score 9 inches
- lay on your back with your knees bent, feet away from your bottom with your legs in an obtuse angle, arms by your side
- on the up candance you are going to use your core muscles and raise up 4 inches (your fingers will slide forward on the floor)
- knees stay bent, heels must stay on the floor and not move, toes may come up, hold for 2 seconds
- on the down cadence return your back and head to the mat
- girls and boys 9-11 years old - need to complete 9-15 correct curl ups
** students please remember at school we use the prerecorded CD for the pacer, puch up, and curl up
May 1-7 is National Physical Education and Sport Week!! Enjoy lots of physical activity this week.
Shape America: May Mind and Body calender - enjoy a variety of activities!
In the kitchen making healthy snacks- yummy- enjoy!!