About Our Library
The Poquoson Primary School library is a student-centered space where students are encouraged to read, be creative, and explore new ideas and technologies to become better prepared for the 21st century. The library is open from 9:45am to 3:30pm daily, and each class will visit the library once every 6 days as part of the resource rotation. Library resource will include a library lesson/centers, story/reading time and book checkout. In addition, the library is open to all students/classes from 9:45am-11:05am and again from 12:10-1:00, allowing students more opportunities to return and checkout new books. Our goal is to make the library one of the students' favorite places to be!
- Kindergarten students will check out one book at a time.
- First and Second graders may check out up to two books at a time.
- ALL students may return and check out new books throughout the week during our open library times (with teacher permission).
- Library books are checked out for a 2-week period, but may be returned sooner. Books can be renewed as long as another student does not have a hold placed on the book. Magazines are checked out for 3 days.
- Overdue fines are not collected. If a book is lost or damaged beyond reasonable repair, parents are expected to pay for a replacement copy. If a lost book is found after payment, please return the book so the replacement fee can be refunded to you.