Our Primary School will be holding two Kindergarten Registration Kick Off events. The first event will be held on Wednesday, February 5th, from 5:00 PM-6:00 PM. The second Kindergarten Registration event will be held on Thursday, February 6th, from 6:00 PM-7:00 PM.
These registration events will give parents the opportunity to visit Poquoson Primary School and learn more about our Kindergarten program, get assistance with the enrollment process and present required documentation. Please note that the health form does not need to be filled out on the night of registration. It needs to be completed prior to the student beginning school. Our school nurse will be available to answer questions and look over completed health forms.
1. Determine Your Eligibility for Enrollment: In order to enroll as a Kindergarten student for the 2020-2021 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2020 and reside in Poquoson.
2. Complete the Registration Form: Poquoson City Schools will be using an online registration form to collect information for enrollment. Please select the link below to fill out the online registration form.
3. Present the Required Documentation: In order to enroll a child in a public school system in Virginia, state law requires a parent or guardian of a child to provide certain information to the child's school division.
Documents to present at registration appointment:
- Certified original Birth Certificate for the student (copies are not permitted)
- Parent/Legal Guardian Driver's License, DMV Identification or Passport
- TWO Proofs of Residence (You can find examples of proof of residency here)
- Physical Examination: State law requires that your child receives a physical examination before entering kindergarten or elementary school. (Only applies to Kindergarten through Grade-5)
- Immunization Record: Documentation indicating that the child has received the required immunizations must be provided. Please review the School and Day Care Minimum Immunization Requirements (PDF) (available from the Virginia Department of Health) for a list of the required immunizations.