New Student Registration
2022-2023 Kindergarten Registration Coming Soon
Registration Steps (Kindergarten-Grade 12)
Please follow the steps below to enroll your child in Poquoson City Public Schools.
1. Admission Policy: All students must meet the age and residence requirements defined by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
2. Complete the Registration Form: Poquoson City Public Schools will be using an online registration form to collect information and enroll your child. Please select the link below to fill out the online registration form.
*2022-2023 Registration Coming Soon
- Registration Form (2021-2022 School Year)
- Creating an account from a cell phone
- Creating an account with an email account
*Once you fill out and submit this form you must contact the school to make any adjustments.
3. Present Required Documentation: Poquoson City Public Schools and the Commonwealth of Virginia require you to provide documentation in order to enroll your child. Please call the school for which you are registering your child to make an appointment in order to complete the registration process.
Documents to present at registration appointment:
- Certified original Birth Certificate for the student (copies are not permitted)
- Parent/Legal Guardian Driver's License, DMV Identification or Passport
- TWO Proofs of Residence (You can find examples of proof of residency here)
- Physical Examination: State law requires that your child receives a physical examination before entering kindergarten or elementary school. (Only applies to Kindergarten through Grade-5)
- Immunization Record: Documentation indicating that the child has received the required immunizations must be provided. Please review the School and Day Care Minimum Immunization Requirements (PDF) (available from the Virginia Department of Health) for a list of the required immunizations.