Classroom Policies and Procedures
Mrs. Coccimiglio, Deborah.Coccimiglio@poquoson.k12.va.us, 868-7123
Students are expected to attend class regularly, adhere to the classroom rules listed below, take notes daily, participate in a positive manner, and complete assignments on a daily basis. Organizational skills are extremely important to your success in mathematics. For this reason, every student is expected to keep an organized notebook. Students are also strongly encouraged to read and study mathematics and share their concerns and accomplishments with their parents and the teacher.
Supplies Needed Daily for School and Home
- TI83 or TI84 calculator
- Pencils with eraser
- Notebook paper
- 3-Ring binder for math or shared with other courses
- At least 4 dividers
- Compass (Geometry students only. Avoid plastic compasses, they do not last.)
- Graph paper
- Last name starting with A-P 1 box of tissues
- Last name starting with Q-Z 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- Follow all school rules.
- Be respectful of yourself and others.
- Be prepared.
- Be in your seat and ready for class to begin when the bell rings.
- Maintain an appropriate learning environment. Students will not disrupt the learning atmosphere of the classroom.
Every student will be required to take quizzes, and tests, throughout the school year as well as a midterm exam, SOL Test (Geometry students only), and Final Exam. Students are exempt from the Final Exam if they pass the SOL Test.
Note: The teacher reserves the right to change any content on Blackboard as deemed necessary for the benefit of the students.