Health Class Goals
Student Learning Goals:
1. Evaluates the interrelationships of emotional, mental, physical and social health and creates a plan to improve personal health.
2. Describes ways to reduce or prevent injuries by examining the likelihood and potential seriousness of injury or illness if engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
3. Evaluates the effect of the environment, culture, genetics, family history, and other influences on personal, family, and community health.
4. Describes how peers, personal values, and norms influence healthy and unhealthy behaviors.
5. Demonstrates skills for communicating effectively with family, peers, and others to enhance health for self and others.
6. Demonstrates refusal, negotiation, and collaboration skills to enhance and avoid or reduce health risks and resolve conflicts.
7. Analyzes a personal health goal.
8. Evaluates the potential short term and long term impact of alternatives when making health related decisions.