Transporting Our Most Valuable Resource
The objective of the Transportation Department is to provide safe, efficient, and orderly transportation for all eligible students within the Poquoson Public School Division.
Every day, our buses transport nearly 1200 Poquoson students, covering more than 100,000 miles per year. Because school buses are the most regulated vehicle on the road, students are 70 times more likely to get to school safely when taking a bus instead of traveling by car, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
All of our drivers are professionally trained and meet all requirements necessary to hold a Virginia Commercial Driver’s License. Additionally, drivers receive bi-annual safety trainings, yearly physicals, supervisory ride-alongs, DMV record checks, and random drug and alcohol screenings.
PCPS transportation staff is committed to your child’s safety and is dedicated to providing a high level of service to parents, students, teachers, and administrators.
2022-2023 Bus Routes
For the first week of school, please allow 15 minutes of extra time at pick up and drop off as students, families, and drivers become accustomed to their routes.
- Bus Stop Safety
- What is the student's responsibility on the school bus?
- What if my child needs to get off at a stop other than their assigned stop or ride a different bus?
- The road on my child’s bus route is flooded (has water across/covering a section of road). Where will my child be picked-up or dropped off?
- If I think my child’s bus stop is unsafe or too far from my house, what can I do?
- How many students are allowed on each bus?
- Do I have to meet my child at the bus stop in the afternoon?
- The bus drives right past my house. Why can’t the bus stop to pick up/drop off my child?
- If I move during the year, how do I change my child’s bus stop?