Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Mary Prince
The 3rd Quarter ended on March 13. Students have the opportunity to improve their grade if they wish by following the instructions provided and reading the email that was sent to students on their school Gmail account on Monday, March 30. If you are happy with your 3rd Quarter grade, then you need to take no additional action at this time. Information about 4th Quarter assignments will be coming to you soon on Google Classroom.
Opportunities for English 12 students to improve their grades:
(1) Send me an email at Mary.Prince@poquoson.org with any missing assignments from The Lord of the Flies unit you would like to make up. I will email you any files not posted on Google Classroom. You will have until April 8 to email me the work you would like to complete.
(2) Complete the daily journal entries AND reading log from the last two weeks for extra credit.
Opportunities for AP Lit. students to improve their grades:
(1) Complete each of the activities from the last two weeks. Make sure you've finished them completely; for instance, if you want credit for each padlet make sure you've responded to your classmates' questions. For each completed assignment, I will give you an 11/10 classwork grade.
(2) If you would like to finish your 1984 essay or take home test, you may do so. The grades will only go in the gradebook if they raise your grade, but I will allow you to revise both until you have a grade you are happy with. Email me if you would like to take me up on this option.
(3) Once The Myth of Music essay is graded (by this Monday), revise it for a higher grade or pick another poetry prompt to respond to (just email me for options). I will allow you to revise your grade until you have a grade you are happy with until April 8.
Opportunities for English 9 students to improve their grades:
(1) Revise your persuasive essay for a higher grade using the comments used on G. Classroom. If you do this, you must resubmit it on Google Classroom and send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for it to be graded.
(2) Revise your Shakespearean Research Presentation and film it at this link: https://flipgrid.com/62c1b460. If you do this, send me an email at email@example.com in order for it to be graded.
(3) Complete the daily journal entries AND reading log from the last two weeks for extra credit.
(4) Practice your grammar and punctuation at NoRedInk.com. Log in using your Google credentials and click on the "assignments" tab. Then, complete the "Punctuation Review - Extra Credit" assignment. If you do this, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for it to be graded.
All assignments are posted on Google Classroom:
English 9 Classroom:
Join Code: 4jq7ffq ; URL: https://classroom.google.com/c/Mzc0NjE2NTE4NjBa
English 12 Classroom:
Join Code: zmjhtky ; URL: https://classroom.google.com/c/Mzc0NjE5MDM4ODVa
AP Literature Classroom:
Join Code: zmjhtky ; URL: https://classroom.google.com/c/NjQ3MjYxMDg0MjFa
Hi and welcome to my class page! My name's Mrs. Prince and I teach AP Literature and Composition, English 12 and English 9.
On this page, you will find an abundance of information about what to expect in my class, due dates, and assignments. All of my courses are designed to broaden your appreciation for both reading and writing. We will have a variety of discussions, projects, activities, and debates designed to engage you and challenge you to think even more deeply about language and its impact on the world.
Assignments and classroom updates will be sent through Remind and Google Classroom. Codes for each page are listed below:
- Remind: @7dc4k3
- Google Classroom: 6hyplv
- Remind: @cckacah
- Google Classroom:hay3rq3
AP Literature and Composition:
- Remind: @768a87
- Google Classroom: rhef0o
I'm excited for a wonderful year! Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.