Athletic Reopening Update
The Poquoson High School Athletic Staff has been actively working with schools in Region 2A regarding reopening plans and the development of schedules for the 2020-2021 athletic seasons. We will begin conditioning activities, with the opening of the PHS Weight Room, on October 19, 2020. Student-athletes may sign-up to participate in conditioning by logging into their PHS email account and visiting https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C45ACAE22A46-phsweight.
All participants will be required to follow proper hygiene and social distancing, wear a mask, and bring their own water. Staff will monitor the activity with the hope of transitioning to more sport-specific training for those winter sports that will begin practice on December 7, 2020 (provided the data continues to support the beginning of the athletic seasons).
As specified by VHSL, the seasons will occur, as follows, provided current health guidance indicates it is safe to proceed:
- Season 1 (Winter) December 14 – February 20 (First Contest Date – December 28, 2020)
- basketball, indoor track, swim, wrestling
- Season 2 (Fall) February 15 – May 1 (First Contest Date – March 1, 2021)
- cheer, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, volleyball
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 26, 2021)
- baseball, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field
Additional information from VHSL is available at www.vhsl.org. Sport-specific schedules and sign-up information will be distributed through coaches and through the athletic Canvas page, to which all students in grades 8-12 were invited to join. Should you have additional questions, please contact Coach Bennett, PHS Athletic Director, at Kenneth.firstname.lastname@example.org.