Phone: (757) 868-2713
Degrees and Certifications:
MSEd, Administration and Supervision - Old Dominion University MSEd, Elementary Education - Old Dominion University BA Geography - Mary Washington College
Welcome to our third grade class! I am very excited about you being in our class. This year we will be learning many new and exciting things together.
I come from a military family, but am lucky enough to have settled in Poquoson for my adult life. I live in Poquoson with my family: my husband, our son (working in Tampa, Florida), our daughter (a freshman at Wake Forest University), and a dog. I have been an educator for over twenty years in many different capacities.
You will be able to find information related to our classroom on this site. Please let me know if you have any questions!
The 3rd Quarter ended on March 13. Students have the opportunity to improve their grade if they wish by following the instructions provided and reading the email I sent to parents on March 30. If you are happy with your 3rd Quarter grade, then you need to take no additional action at this time. Information about 4th Quarter assignments will be coming to you soon.
Each student was provided a math and reading/writing packet on Friday, March 13. If your child wishes to improve his/her reading, writing, or math grade, the following assignments must be submitted by Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
Directions to Improve 3rd Quarter Grades
Reading: A Cowboy’s Rope (classwork grade), Annabelle’s Party (classwork grade), The Newcomer (assessment grade)
Writing: Daily Reading Review #160 (classwork grade), Daily Reading Review #161 (classwork grade), Daily Reading Review #162 (classwork grade)
Math: Math Day 1 Sheet-front and back (classwork grade), Math Day 2 Sheet-front and back (classwork grade), Math Day 3 Sheet-front and back (classwork grade)
Directions to Submit Assignments to Improve 3rd Quarter Grades
The options for turning in of assignments that a student wishes to have count toward their 3rd Quarter grade:
- Save any documents that can be saved on the computer and email them to the teacher or submit them via Google Classroom
- Type answers to worksheets and other work onto a WORD document and email it to the teacher (make sure the title of the assignment is clearly identified and the student’s name is on each page submitted)
- Hand write answers to assignments on notebooks paper/hard copy provided and use one of the outlined options to get it to the teacher (make sure the student’s name is on each page submitted)
- Scan and email the documents to the teacher from their home if they have that ability
- Take a picture of the assignment with your phone and email it to the teacher (make sure it is clear and the teacher can read your answers)
- If the work cannot be saved on the computer and emailed to the teacher
- Drop off assignments into the secure box at the front of the school by Wednesday, April 8, 2020 (make sure the student’s name/teacher’s name/grade level is on every piece of paper).
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we go through this together. I truly appreciate your support. I miss my class tremendously. Please be safe and stay healthy!