Phone: 868-6921 Ext. 2703
Degrees and Certifications:
*University of Northern Colorado: Business Administration *Christopher Newport University: Teaching Certification k-5 *Virginia Commonwealth University: Masters Degree
Mrs. Tamara Weeks
The 3rd Quarter ended on March 13. Students have the opportunity to improve their grade if they wish by following the instructions provided and reading the email I sent to parents on March 30. If you are happy with your 3rd Quarter grade, then you need to take no additional action at this time. Information about 4th Quarter assignments will be coming to you soon.
Each student was provided a math and reading/writing packet on Friday, March 13. If your child wishes to improve his/her reading, writing, or math grade, the following assignments must be submitted by Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
Directions to Improve 3rd Quarter Grades
Reading: A Cowboy’s Rope (classwork grade), Annabelle’s Party (classwork grade), The
Newcomer (assessment grade)
Writing: Daily Reading Review #160 (classwork grade), Daily Reading Review #161
(classwork grade), Daily Reading Review #162 (classwork grade)
Math: Math Day 1 Sheet-front and back (classwork grade), Math Day 2 Sheet-front and back
(classwork grade), Math Day 3 Sheet-front and back (classwork grade)
Directions to Submit Assignments to Improve 3rd Quarter Grades
The options for turning in of assignments that a student wishes to have count toward their 3rd Quarter grade:
- Save any documents that can be saved on the computer and email them to the teacher or submit them via Google Classroom
- Type answers to worksheets and other work onto a WORD document and email it to the teacher (make sure the title of the assignment is clearly identified and the student’s name is on each page submitted)
- Hand write answers to assignments on notebooks paper/hard copy provided and use one of the outlined options to get it to the teacher (make sure the student’s name is on each page submitted)
- Scan and email the documents to the teacher from their home if they have that ability
- Take a picture of the assignment with your phone and email it to the teacher (make sure it is clear and the teacher can read your answers)
- If the work cannot be saved on the computer and emailed to the teacher
- Drop off assignments into the secure box at the front of the school by Wednesday, April 8, 2020 (make sure the student’s name/teacher’s name/grade level is on every piece of paper).
Hello from Mrs. Weeks!
All is well with my family here in Chesapeake. I have discovered a beautiful, spacious park near my house where I can walk and run while keeping a safe distance from people. We are all healthy and adjusting to the changes that our area is going through.
I am excited to begin our new journey of learning through teaching virtually. It is definitely a learning curve for all involved. We as a staff are going through professional development this week to learn the specifics of what virtual learning will look like in Poquoson. I miss my class and their sweet smiling faces. Hopefully with Google classroom/ Google Meet, I will at least get the chance to see them soon.
I know this is a lot of information to digest. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. In the meantime, stay healthy and have your child keep reading daily!
Missing each one of you,