Back to School Checklist
School Supply Lists
Poquoson High School has varied supply lists per class. Look for specifics at Open House and on teachers' Canvas pages.
Open House & Schedules
Check out our district calendar here, which has all of the Open Houses marked on the calendar!
Want to verify start times? Take a look at each school's site!
|Poquoson Primary||Poquoson Elementary||Poquoson Middle||Poquoson High|
Parent Portal will be opening at different times for students and families. PMS will open Monday evening (8/29), PPS & PES will open Tuesday morning (8/30), and PHS will open Wednesday morning (8/31).
- Know how to sign into Parent/Student Portal
- Students- make sure you can access Canvas through your Google account
- Parents- you can access Canvas, too! Here is the site to login and here are directions if you need help pairing with your student.
- Have additional questions? Check our our Technology Support page!
Consider Device Insurance
Poquoson City Public Schools is excited to partner with School Device Coverage, an optional parent elected device insurance company. The device insurance is $30 for the year and covers up to the cost of the device. For more information or to sign up today, check out this information below:
Sign and Submit Forms
Current documents needing parent or student review and signature by September 9, 2022 within Parent Portal:
- PCPS Student Handbook & Code of Student Conduct (All PCPS)
- Student Health Verification Form (All PCPS)
- PCPS Permissions (All PCPS)
- PCPS Student Chromebook Agreement (Grades 2-12)
- PCPS iPad Agreement (Grades K-12
- Parent Permission for Expedited SOL Assessment Retakes(Grades 3-8)
Click here for additional support.
Want to apply for Free/Reduced Lunch? Check out our Food & Nutrition Services page.
There are no general student material fees for the 2022-2023 school year. Select elective classes do have associated fees. Online payments can be made using the information below.
Bus safety and Frequently Asked Questions can all be found on our Transportation Page. Make sure you and your student are ready for the first day!
**PLEASE NOTE** For the first week of school, please allow 15 minutes of extra time at pick up and drop off as students, families, and drivers become accustomed to their routes.