Poquoson City Public Schools continues to follow the guidance from the CDC and VDH regarding Covid-19.
The current guidance document for Covid-19 prevention for students, teachers and staff in K-12 schools recommendations are summarized as follows:
- Quarantine is no longer recommended for asymptomatic individuals after exposure
- Symptomatic persons should isolate at home and undergo testing (the day symptoms begin is counted as Day 0)
- Persons testing positive should isolate at home for at least five days (when they are asymptomatic and symptoms are resolving and they have been fever-free for 24 hours, they may return to school after Day 5)
- After Day 5, they should mask through Day 10
- If they are unable or unwilling to mask, they should either isolate for 10 full days or follow the CDC “test based strategy”
- CDC test based strategy is two negative antigen tests after 5 days of isolation, in addition to being fever-free for 24 hours and with other symptoms improving.
- The first test should be on Day 6 or after, and the second test should be 48 hours after the first test
- Schools with the resources to do so may offer rapid testing on-site to symptomatic individuals and/or distribute at-home rapid antigen test kits
We will continue to regularly monitor the VDH K-12 Schools and Child Care Guidance Webpage and provide updates as they are provided.
Please check out Poquoson City Public Schools' most recent review and update of our return to in-person instruction and continuity of services plan.
The document attached here provides additional information regarding ESSER III Spending.