Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
Our 2019 Poquoson High School graduates were successful in many areas as a result of their hard work and the support provided to them by the faculty and staff throughout the school division. They excelled in the classroom as well as in an array of extracurricular activities and athletics. As they leave us, we want to provide a snapshot of the success of the 164 graduates.
- 23% of students graduated with honors, 13% with high honors, and 3% with highest honors
- Students earned a total of $1,913,482 in scholarship money
- Students who applied to either a 2 or 4 year college had a 100% acceptance rate
- Students earned approximately 349 career and technical industry credentials
- Our graduates completed 13,995 hours of community service during their 4 years of high school
- 77% of the graduating class will attend a college or university
- 9% of the students have employment opportunities
- 4% of the students are entering the military
- 1% of the students attending trade schools
New to PCPS?
Join us for our annual Welcome Dinner for New PCPS Families
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- 5:00 p.m.
- Poquoson Elementary School
Special thank you to our Parent Teacher Organizations for their support of this event!
PMS Modernization Community Input Night
On June 12, 2019, the Poquoson community was invited to attend an Input Meeting to share thoughts about the plans to modernize Poquoson Middle School. Take a moment to watch this video about the event and see some of the input that was shared. Thank you to those who attended and gave input.