May 20-24, 2019
Announcements for May 20 - 24, 2019
Kindness Quotes for the week:
- "A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and roots spring up an make new trees." -Amelia Earhart
- "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle." - Charles Glassman
- "Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind." - Eric Hoffer
- "Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For indeed, thats all who ever have." - Margaret Mead
Box Tops: We have already begun collecting for the next drive. Our next collection day will be May 30th. Box Tops will still be tallied for both individuals and classrooms. Please send them in with your name and homeroom labeled on the outside of the envelop or ziploc baggie.
Volleyball: Volleyball open gym will be held from 3:30-5:30 for the next two weeks at the high school.
Poquoson Sheriff's Office: Attn Rising 9th graders, gain exposure to various criminal justice careers. Obtain "hands-on" experience and awareness of the criminal justice system May 30th at Grafton Middle School-Kiva (305 Grafton Dr.) at 6:00-8:00 p.m.
K-Team: K-Team members interested in running for an officer position for next year should see Mrs. Tyler for an application form. Voting will take place at the meeting on June 5th.
World Music Drumming has rehearsal after school today.
Library Books: All library books are due by Friday, May 24th. Please return all library books to your English teacher and bring payment for any lost books.
Lost and Found: We have many items located in our lost and found. Please look for any missing items that may be yours. Any items that are not claimed by the end of the school year are donated.
Congratulations: Congratulations to our Blue Ribbon Music Department! That's right - Poquoson Middle School Music earned the highest award given to school music programs in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Go Poquoson Music! Also, Congratulations to our 8th grade band students on their performance last night. And break-a-leg to our 6th and 7th grade band students on their performance tonight, Thursday, May 23.
SCA: As a reminder, if you plan on running for an SCA office, you need to see Mrs. Purdie briefly to receive a handout of directions. Our meeting will be Wednesdaay, May 29.